Historic preservation coupled with traditional Bermudian architectural style, creates the design palette of this multi-functional space. Understanding the cultural integrity of the site’s needs, a public museum, theatre facilities and educational spaces were designed adjacent to the stately proportions of the restored Queen’s Warehouse.
The upper level combines a theatre and open area for private and public functions and allows for moveable exhibitions. The lower floor provides gathering space to tour St. George’s through the orientation gallery of Bermuda’s history from its discovery in the 1600’s to the time of the U.S. Civil War.
The building’s restoration and new build consisted of exact replication methods and techniques as the original construction and acts as a historical resource for Bermudian students and Bermuda’s visitors.